Adobe Premiere Pro CC is undoubtedly a fantastic software to edit your project, but it has its limitations. Animating elements in Premiere can be challenging when your ambitions start to push the boundaries of the program. And if you don't know how to use After Effects, you might feel a bit stuck. Fortunately, Adobe has a solution in the form of Premiere Pro MOGRTs.
MOGRTs can give Premiere Pro editors access to a small subset of what After Effects can do without having to learn a new program. Even if you're familiar with After Effects, MOGRTs can save you a lot of time and make post-processing easier.
Part 1: What is a MOGRT?
MOGRT stands for Motion Graphics Template. Essentially, a motion graphic animation is created in After Effects and transformed into a template that can be imported and edited in Premiere Pro.
Motion Graphics templates provide some of the tools you need to create a more advanced style of animated video in Premiere Pro. There are many different types of .mogrt files, including text animations, video frames, and even transitions in some cases. Each template has its own customizable options using the Essential Graphics panel controls in Premiere Pro.
.MOGRT x .AEP files
Okay, let's clear up the difference between these two types of file formats.
An .aep file is a project that can only be opened in After Effects. There are several ways to work between After Effects andPremierePro, like Dynamic Linking, but .mogrt is the only method that doesn't require prior knowledge of After Effects. Instead, you can load them into Premiere and do all your editing there.
MOGRTs are still limited and you don't have as much control over animation elements as you do inresult. Text, fonts, colors and styles can still be edited with MOGRTs, making them great for creating branded animated videos that can be used over and over again with new footage and text.
Part 2: How to install the animations template file
Before starting your project, it's important to consider why and how you're going to use it.Motion graphics templates. Some options may require a bit of planning, while some templates can also be used along with footage and photos. Once complete, you're ready to install your template!
How to install a single MOGRT file
Here are the steps to install a MOGRT in Premiere Pro. we import theminfographic timelineModel in the video example below.
- In Premiere, open the Graphics workspace and go to the Essential Graphics panel.
- Click the + icon at the bottom of the panel.
- In Finder, navigate to the .mogrt file and click Open.
- In the Essential Graphics panel search bar, type the model name.
How to install multiple MOGRT files
If you want to import multiple templates, you can install multiple from Finder. It's a good idea to have two Finder windows open for this.
- In the first Finder window, navigate to the folder that contains the .mogrt files you want to import.
- In the second Finder window, open these folders one at a time: Library > Application Support > Adobe > Common > Motion Graphics Templates.
- Drag and drop your Templates folder into the Motion Graphics folder.
- If you followed the steps successfully, your models are now searchable in the Essential Graphics panel! If you can't see them, try opening Premiere Pro again.
Part 3: How to edit MOGRTs in Premiere Pro
As there are a wide variety of animation templates, available customizations may vary. It's always worth testing a MOGRT to make sure you can make the adjustments you want.
Step 1 Add the MOGRT file to the timeline
Before you can start editing your MOGRT template, you must first add it to your timeline.
- Drag and drop your chosen template from the Essential Graphics panel onto your timeline.
- Click on the model to highlight it on the timeline.
- In the Essential Graphics panel, click the Edit tab. Here you will find all the different options for the template.
Step 2: Edit the text elements
Unlike other titles in Premiere Pro, you cannot edit text by clicking in the viewer. All the usual text controls are available, but you can find them in the Essential Graphics panel.
- Locate the text element in the Essential Graphics panel.
- Enter your titles in the fields provided, the viewer will automatically update.
- Below each text box you will find character controls. You don't have to highlight text like you do with your usual Premiere Pro titles.
- To change the font, click on the Font drop-down menu. You can also change the size and weight of the text element, but you need to make sure it still fits in the template.
- To change the color, click on the color slider below the text element. You can do this manually, enter a hex code, or use the color picker.
Step 3: Edit the colors in the template
Motion graphics templates can be extremely customizable when it comes to colors. Not only can you change the text color, but you can also change the animated elements.
- In the Essential Graphics panel, click the color drop-down menu to access all the main graphics color controls.
- Each graphic element is named according to the type of element, e.g. B. “Icons”. Click on the color control box next to the element you want to change.
- You can use the color picker or enter hex codes to get the exact color you want.
Step 4: Edit shapes and line elements
For the graphics in the template, there are options to toggle various elements on and off. These additional tweaks can help you create something completely different from the original version of MOGRT.
- If your model contains elements that you can remove, they will appear in the Essential Graphics edit box.
- Each item is named and has a checkbox next to it. Most are selected by default.
- Try unchecking the boxes to see what the chart looks like. This will give you a better idea of the different editing options you have within the template.
Step 5: Remove backgrounds
Some MOGRTs let you disable the graphic background, so you can add your own background by placing a clip below the template in the timeline.
- The first step is to remove the background color which is automatically included in the template.
- In the Essential Graphics edit box, look for the Background or BG checkbox and clear it.
- Next, check if the model is on the second channel.
- Import your background footage or image and place it in the channel under the template.
- With these steps, your new background should appear in place of the original template placeholder.
Part 4: Pro tips and troubleshooting
Install template fonts
Occasionally, a template will use a font that is not installed on your editing device and will display a small yellow T in the corner of the element in the Essential Graphics panel. If you downloaded the template, a font file must be included.
- To find the missing font, right-click the yellow T and choose Sync Missing Fonts.
- In your Finder, locate the font and install it by double-clicking it to open the font book.
- In Premiere Pro, click Sync in the window.
- The new template font should now be available for editing.
Can MOGRTs be used in Premiere Rush?
Premiere Rush is a video editor for online video creators with explicitly configured export options for various social media platforms. It is a stripped down version of Premiere Pro with Essential Graphics animation features. Rush even has all the essential tools you need to edit your clips and audio, add titles and apply basic color grading filters.
Rush has many Motion Graphics templates built in, all of which can be used in Premiere Pro CC. You can also import MOGRTs into Rush, but the program currently only supports templates created in Premiere Pro. If you want them to work on the mobile version of Rush, they must be built under very specific conditions.
Those created in After Effects will not work in Rush. Adobe is still working on the platform, so expect future updates.
MOGRT files have been around for a while, but more and more editors are realizing the potential of this great tool. .mogrt files can not only save you time; They can help you create some amazing compositions.
There are a significant number ofMotion graphics templatesavailable for download, including thisinfographic timelineBundle used in the video examples above. Now that you know how to install and edit your Premiere Pro .mogrt files, it's time to get creative and have fun!
How do I install Mogrts in Premiere Pro? ›
- Open Premiere Pro Essential Graphics panel.
- Add mogrts to your library.
- Drag and drop the template onto your Premiere Pro timeline.
- Customize Template.
- Important Note About Mogrts and After Effects.
Go to the Effects panel at the top of the screen; if you don't see this, go to Window > Workspaces > Effects. In the Effect panel, go to the Presets folder; right-click, and choose Import Presets. Navigate to your downloaded preset location in the Finder window, select the file, and hit Open.How do I edit a Mogrt file in Premiere? ›
- Drag and drop the mogrt file to a sequence.
- Select the footage, then you can edit it on Essential Graphics Panel. Click the text you want to edit.
- Below in Essential Graphics Panel is “Text Tab”, where you can select the font you prefer.
Motion Array provides hundreds of templates, plugins, and presets to suit every project. If you've not found what you're looking for here, check out this massive list of 45 incredible Premiere Pro Templates. We've got lots of other tutorials for After Effects, Premiere Pro and filmmaking in general!How do I install Mogrt files in Premiere Pro 2022? ›
- Find the Essential Graphics panel on the right side of the screen. ...
- In the right-bottom corner of the panel click on the little template icon “Install Motion Graphics Template”
- Browse to the location of your mogrt file and select it, then click Open.
Build MOGRT: Go to Window>Essential Graphics. In the Essential Graphics panel, next to the Primary option, click on Select a composition. Select the composition that you want to utilize to create your MOGRT.Can you edit videos on motion array? ›
Motion Array is an unlimited creative asset membership-based website. It's important to note that while Motion Array is not an online video editing platform - we are a Marketplace that provides members with 100,000's of assets that you can use to make your video better!Can I use motion array for free? ›
Yes, they are free on the site, but you do need a free account to use them. You cannot provide a service to complete a free template for a third party. You cannot use "editorial content" labelled stock video.What is Mogrt format? ›
Motion Graphics templates are a file type (. mogrt) that can be created in After Effects or Premiere Pro. Motion Graphics templates allow a motion designer working in After Effects to encapsulate a complex After Effects project (.How to change fonts in motion graphics templates in Premiere Pro? ›
- Select the layer of the text you want to change.
- Open the Essential Graphics panel by selecting Windows then Essential Graphics.
- Use the drop-down under Text to change the font into a style that better suits your project.
Is motion array worth it? ›
The quality is always superb, much better than on many stock footage sites. Motion Array offers great value for money, and if you are a video creator who is looking for an unlimited source of stock footage that comes with a hassle-free license, then it is an excellent choice for you.What is motion array used for? ›
Motion Array is an all-in-one platform for content creators, providing unlimited downloads of professional video assets, including: video templates, presets, music, sound effects, footage, stock photos, motion graphics, and plugins.Why is Mogrt not working in Premiere? ›
mogrt templates are not supported by Premiere, you need to install After Effects. If your Creative Cloud subscription does not include After Effects, it can be installed as a trial version, and you can apply . mogrt in conjunction with your subscription for Premiere Pro.Where are Mogrt files stored in Premiere? ›
mogrt into your Essential Graphics Panel in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, click on the "+" symbol in the bottom right of the panel. This will import the . mogrt into your Essential Graphics Panel and store it in your local templates folder.How do I make my own motion graphics? ›
- Visit. Visit Powtoon.com.
- Choose. Choose one of our pre-made video templates or create a new video from scratch.
- Log in. Log in or make a new Powtoon account (you can sign up here for free).
- Edit. Edit your template! ...
- Share. You're finished!
open Adobe Premiere. navigate to Adobe Premiere Menu -> Graphics -> Install Motion Graphics Template-> browse to your . mogrt file -> click Install.Is motion graphics same as video editing? ›
Video editing helps weave tales. The process involves using songs, dialogues, graphics, effects, etc. to enhance storytelling. On the other hand, Motion graphics utilizes processes like 3D motion graphics and computer animations in tandem or alone to create compelling videos.Does motion array have watermark? ›
You do not need to include a watermark in the preview video. Video watermarks are generated automatically by our system. Audio is not allowed in motion graphics previews or in the clips themselves.Can you do simple animations in Premiere Pro? ›
You can animate most, though not all, of the effects that come with Premiere Pro. Once an effect has been applied to a clip, you specify one or more frames of the clip as keyframes. Then, you set the values for the effect at each of the keyframes.What software do I need for motion graphics? ›
- Photoshop. An elementary tool for all motion artists and graphic designers in the designing industry is editing software and possesses capabilities far beyond. ...
- Illustrator. ...
- After Effects. ...
- Cinema 4D. ...
- Red Giant software. ...
- Mocha AE.
What is the best software for creating motion graphics? ›
The most important software to master as a Motion Graphic artist is Adobe After Effects. While you can create motion design projects in other programs, nothing is more versatile and essential to a modern Motion Graphics workflow. After Effects is a 2.5D animation software.What app do you use to make motion graphics? ›
- Wondershare Mockitt. Wondershare Mockitt is recognized as the best app for motion graphic. ...
- Adobe Photoshop. If you are a website designer or a video editor, you must be looking for the best motion graphics app. ...
- Adobe Premiere. ...
- Adobe Illustrator. ...
- Adobe After Effects.
Simply put, a MOGRT (motion graphics template) is a nice, neat file containing an entire motion graphics animation that can be used in Adobe Premiere Pro or Rush. This makes it easier for you to edit animated graphics without having to go into After Effects and create them from scratch.Where can I download Premiere Pro templates for free? ›
- Envato Elements.
- Motion Array.
- Adobe Stock.
In the Library in Motion, click the Fonts category, then click a font subcategory. Drag a font from the Library stack onto the existing text in the canvas.How do you add a font to motion? ›
- Generate your font and style files. Upload your custom font files to Font Squirrel with this tool. ...
- Add the font files to your theme. First, open up your Shopify admin (navigate to /settings/files, click Upload files and upload the individual files.
- Edit your theme's code.
Our royalties model is simple. The more subscribers download your assets, the more royalties you get. Motion Array's royalties model aims to support our community of artists, helping you reach your earnings potential and grow along with us.Why do people use motion graphics? ›
Motion graphics allow you to easily produce video content in multiple languages simply by changing the text and voice recording to represent your target region. For a fraction of the cost of the initial video you can have region specific videos running all over the world.Is it safe to download from motion array? ›
Absolutely! Most assets available for download on Motion Array are completely cleared for commercial use.Where do I start with motion graphics? ›
- School of Motion - The Path to MoGraph.
- Learning Motion Graphics by LinkedIn Learning.
- After Effects Motion Graphics Beast by Udemy.
- Typography Priority and Pitfalls for Motion Graphics on Pluralsight.
- The Beginner's Guide to After Effects on Skillshare.
How do you add transitions to a motion array? ›
- In the Effects panel, navigate to the Motion Array folder under Video Transitions.
- Search through the transition options until you find the style you want. ...
- Drag and drop the transition to the break between two clips.
The Sequential method works with most transition presets that you download. Import your Presets by going to Effects > Presets > Import Presets. Once it is installed into the Effects panel, you can review the different transitions found in the preset.What is motion array compatible with? ›
Even if you use Filmora 9, Corel Video, Pinnacle Studio, Premiere Elements, iMovie or Windows Movie maker, we have assets that will work.Where is Premiere Pro Mogrt location? ›
mogrt into your Essential Graphics Panel in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, click on the "+" symbol in the bottom right of the panel. This will import the . mogrt into your Essential Graphics Panel and store it in your local templates folder.How do I import essential Graphics into Premiere Pro? ›
In the application menu bar, select Graphics > New Layer > From File. Select a still image or a video item in your Project panel. Drag-and-drop that item into the Layers panel of the Essential Graphics panel or onto an existing Graphic in your Timeline.What is a Mogrt file? ›
“The . mogrt file format allows motion designers working in After Effects to retain stylistic control of compositions while providing editors working in Premiere Pro the ability to customize the motion graphic in the context of an editorial project.”How do I create a vector graphic in Premiere Pro? ›
- In Premiere Pro right click the footage you wish to have the illustrator asset added to and then select Replace with After Effects Composition.
- In After Effects, in the Project panel right click and select Import->File… .
- Select the Illustrator file you wish to import.